Crônicas de Zandor
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Havi - Manifesto of a Skinchanger

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Havi - Manifesto of a Skinchanger Empty Havi - Manifesto of a Skinchanger

Mensagem por GuiBotelho Ter Jan 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Being orphaned as a babe is not easy. Even less so when you grow up being called half breed by people dumber than you, but those were the circumstances I found myself in. Street kids in Havdrar don’t usually live to resent their childhoods, unless they get a stern hand to keep them from pickpocketing. For me that was Olgier, hunter from Buckingwatch who I convinced to give me a job skinning his game. It paid not two coins to clink together but put a roof over me in the nights and allowed me a slab of wood to sleep on, which beats the dirt. This town was no kinder to me than the one before, having me beat and mugged more times than I can count. Once all I had to be stolen were some shoes, I had made of leather scraps, and the cravens took ‘em. If I got robbed of Olgier’s money, he’d hold onto my pay and for another night I wouldn’t sup. He was getting on with the years though, and his bow arm grew trembling, so he taught me to shoot, then to carve and string a bow. The small game I managed to haul home was hardly ever more than enough for a stew, and often not even that. Hunger saw me hunting in the woods and begging in the streets. No one really knows the cruelty of folk until you’ve entirely depended on their kindness.

Around my fourteenth year, a fruitless hunting trip had me make camp in the woods overnight, in hopes of bounty in the daylight. In the quiet of the wood, one of my snares snapped. Thinking I had finally had a break and could head to town early morn, I went out to check. I saw it before it saw me. A majestic, gigantic, muscle-bound, fur covered titan, glistening in the light of the three moons, licked by the shadows of the foliage and colored by the flame of my torch. In the ignorance of my youth, I feared it, and as with all things we fear, I wished it harm. Three arrows I managed to loose and hit before she faced me, pain feeding the bloodthirst. It took no more than four strides for claws to reach me and rip the side of my leg. The blessing had then been bestowed, now I know, wittingly or not.

In pain and fear of death I let other two arrows fly, both hitting the mark and toppling the woodland colossus. Bleeding and trembling, I drew my knife and approached my kill, which to my surprise was a human woman. Not even fear ought to distort a silhouette so, what I saw that night was a brute of a creature, not this slender shape that lay before me. But alas, the arrows were there. To my mind, whatever had taken place that night, I had killed a woman. Deciding hunger would be a better fate than the gallows, I gather my bow and track back to camp, and lay there, eyes wide open, wounded leg and jumping at the flap of wings, unaware that understanding would come to me eventually. Sleep caught me unaware that night, and so did the sunrise. Marveled at not having bled to death, I inspected my wounds, to find none but an irregular pink scar. I remember having thought myself lucky to get away with just a flesh wound and to heal so easily. My understanding only came the following night, after I had returned to a cold home with an empty larder and a weak caretaker, having been scoffed, teased, and pelted on my way into the city. Not even Olgier believed my tale, and the scar did little to change his mind. Half a loaf of bread was my meal for that day, and I remember it well.

And to this day, I rejoice to remember of that night. The pain came in a tidal wave, my body contorting to positions I had not known possible. My bones and muscles extended beyond the size of my body, I could not hold myself together, the powerful feeling of raw physical strength was intoxicating. I’d take pity on the fool who dared pelt me. Then, there was only hunger. The world became a red smorgasbord of prey, and I the most capable predator. I feasted that night. All living things were food and I’d eat until I had my fill, and that I did. Come the morning, Olgier called for a hunt of a brazen beast, who had killed and eaten two people and a dog in the dark hours of the night. That day, none was taunted, pelted, or cursed. I had become something more, and the shift in power had already been felt. What a magnificent feeling, that of becoming who you were meant to be. At dusk, I ambled on back to the woods, to finished one uncompleted task. That night, I feasted on the corpse of the one who blessed me, the late matriarch of our future pack. Leaving her to lesser folk would have been an insult to one who had done me such favor. As I do not know her name, to honor her I saved a lock of her straw-colored hair, which I shall keep with this letter. As he has done for me, I believe it is the duty of our kind to impart our own blessing unto our prey, be they deserving of ascending, or find others thus blessed. Those who are not, may be feasted upon, for the lot of a skinchanger in this world is to rule.

Let this testimony serve as the manifesto of our kind.

GuiBotelho
Goblin Slayer

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Havi - Manifesto of a Skinchanger Empty Re: Havi - Manifesto of a Skinchanger

Mensagem por Felipe Savino Qua Jan 27, 2021 4:38 pm

That's awesome! Take that extra starting Benny!
Felipe Savino
Felipe Savino
Dungeon Master

https://zandor.forumeiros.com

Mensagem por GuiBotelho Sáb Fev 06, 2021 9:40 am

scribbled in shorthand in a piece of parchment in Havi's shop
in the margins there are very crude drawings of the four, the bulls and the bandits

As one of the blessed, I often despaired at the boorishness of the people that roam about Havdrar. Hardly an interesting plot from them, and still I'd look among these people for one worthy of receiving my gift.  Today, some drifters caught my eye in the market, one gorgeous as three full moons, one grey, one horned and one brawny. Fridda led them to me, or maybe that was this tale writing itself. We'd been asked to get some thieves back into town, for stealing a cart or whatnot, and I was to be the guide through the woods near Havdrar. We found them easily, after all I am an unrivaled tracker, and surrounded them even more easily. But things took a turn when leading them back. Two metal plated bulls decided to make of us their next meal. That's when the promising ones showed their skills. The grey one, who once struck me as a nuissance and battle fodder lifted from the ground as though unthetered and took flight! I was dumbstruck, and now I imagine how it'd be to have one gifted like this in the roster of the pack. While the grey led one of the bulls away, the brawny one decapitated the other with a single slash of his swords. That strength and skill alone would merit receiving the blessing, but I've heard him talk of not fighting unless he has too. I'm not yet sure if this is a trait I want in a commander. I will keep my eyes on the other two. Maybe they will show promise as well.

GuiBotelho
Goblin Slayer

Mensagem por Felipe Savino Sáb Fev 06, 2021 10:12 am

Nice! May the moons speak! Get an extra Benny today.
Felipe Savino
Felipe Savino
Dungeon Master

Mensagem por GuiBotelho Sáb Fev 27, 2021 8:58 am

In a haze of thought inside Havi's mind:

We found her. I hunger. I marked her twice but she would not stop. Fresh kill. Save the pretty one for later. What could have been so important? Get the prey. Why was she chanting?   I will feast on her bretheren and then on her. I was careless, did the gift save me? Get their hearts. They ran too, with Milbrim. Three hearts. Where are more? What kind of ritual was that? I see you in my mind, flying boy! The horned one tied me up. You can't hold me! I can't let them tell the town. I cannot let them tel the town yet!

Última edição por GuiBotelho em Sáb Mar 06, 2021 5:22 pm, editado 1 vez(es)

GuiBotelho
Goblin Slayer

Felipe Savino gosta desta mensagem

Mensagem por Felipe Savino Sáb Mar 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Benny!!! Hunger for bennies!

Yeah, I got the idea of the bold parts
Felipe Savino
Felipe Savino
Dungeon Master

Mensagem por GuiBotelho Sáb Mar 20, 2021 10:08 am

Written on the back of the page of the manifesto, with some wax drops on it

On expanding the pack:

The last two days have been strange. A vagabond centaur's attack on the people of Havdrar has torn me from my usual activities. Calitheme, that same cur that had me held years ago, has become bolder. I set off after her, intended on making this slight her last one, and was followed by a strange group of outlanders, the same I spoke of before. We reached their encampment in the thundering woods, and a battle broke out. Calitheme seemed dull to my arrows, and in the fray one of her thralls nearly cleaved me in half. The smell of my own blood in the grass brought the blessing forth. Gorgeous fury in a blood red world and the hunger of a lifetime. Those I had that day were some great hearts. Fresh, healthy and still pumping. I saw the strange group from town flinch, then tie me, then run away. I've seen people misunderstand the blessing before, so I knew I had to get to them, to convince them to hold their tongue or take them out, the latter being too cruel, one of them is a singer.

They agreed to come to my home and hash out a plan to deal with the four legged cunt bitch nuissance. That is when it got even weirder. Seeing that group that has witnessed my transformation, and willingly came to me shocked me quite a bit. They all seemed more curious than afraid, opposite to the norm. I think they have come the closest to understanding the beauty of this power, and the best candidates I've found for the pack so far. Thus, I shared my animal likeness with them. They are the first ever to see me during the transformation.

Now, understand that other than this understanding, they all have their own qualities, which should definitely be taken into account when parting the blessing. We do not want prey. I was turned for being strong enough to take down another skinchanger. These prospects have shown the ability to fly and read minds, free run through the trees, topple down beasts with a double slash of twin swords and make their weapon glow with battle rage. These could all benefit the pack in the long run. Keep an eye out for such skills when you wish to increase our numbers.

A few sketches on the side of the paper show a crude picture of Havdrar and some fences around it, with the names of the other characters and the 'criminals' we convinced the town to let them help us defend it spread around it, each guarding a part of it.

GuiBotelho
Goblin Slayer

Mensagem por GuiBotelho Sáb Abr 10, 2021 9:15 am

The following are sparsed thoughts crossing Havi's mind at different points of the day.

Today is the day I gut her. Her hide must make a fine coat.

These fucking woods again. Any hooved thing that I hear is getting a feather in their ribs.

What the hell is that gloopy thing? Is it made of leaves? And what weird language is that? Sounds like tiny bells.

Oh, so bird boy seems to have a plan now that he talked to the leaf goop. Just keeps getting better.

We must be getting close to their camp now. I can smell their blood already.

A horn? How the fuck did they see us?!

Shit, they came in force! Two of us are down already, but four of them bled.

They won't get away this time. I can slip out and go for the camp. May the sisters bless me.

GuiBotelho
Goblin Slayer

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos