Crônicas de Zandor
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

The Nameless One

Ir para baixo

The Nameless One Empty The Nameless One

Mensagem por Nirith Qui Jun 22, 2023 9:14 pm

My story starts on the darkest day of Medos. A little Kilrathi was born and given a name. She was as sweet and playful as any other youngling and lived in a settlement that started after the calamity happened. When the beast fed on the land and destroyed everything in it's path, beings that had survived it got together. No matter the race, age or belief, survival was the most important thing back then. Hunger was killing dozens per day and the environment was not easy on the survivors as well. Creatures that had vanished began to come back, demons and larger enemies began to claim territories and with them, slaves. The years that followed were a hard trial on civilization, but some prayers began to have their prays answered by some of the now known deities of the continent. There are legends that say those deities were able to be because some of the believers had enough hope and faith to feed them into being what they are. As usual, not only the good have faith and some of those deities are said to be malevolent and tend to help those who share their foul beliefs. The land changed drastically as the only two cities who escaped the Calamity are the great Obsidian Citadel and Kokar. The rest was just settlements for the places that weren't taken by Dragons, Demons and Beings powerful enough to enslave those who survived in the area or so I read in a journal I found within some ruins.
    It took my settlement 600 years to fall victim of one of those creatures. I know not which one since I was really small and was sent away with a few others when we were attacked. We were a small town that had formed next to the ruins of Rocksbay and was growing rapidly as people from other smaller settlements ,who were still vulnerable to the disease and hunger lurking everywhere, were moving there. I guess it called too much attention and someone saw an opportunity to have their own little kingdom.
    When we fled the group was weak as most of us were women and children, most of the men stayed to try and fight for the city, they told us to wait at the fountain of hope, which was built in the ancient ruins of Lost Yarmengur, a monument that was built to worship The Bright Down and also a place for those who seek hope. We did as we were told, we waited there for 5 days and they never came back, my FATHER never came back. All I still had was my mother, who made sure I was safe and never lost hope. It was time we had to seek refuge somewhere else, our supplies were running low and the town was probably taken. To this day I wish we didn't, to this day I wish we had stayed one more day at the fountain. We were ambushed just 2 days after we left. They took everything and everyone from me. My mom hid me inside a hollow tree trunk and used herself as a distraction so they wouldn't find me. When she hid me there she made me promise her I would never go back to the town and would make a life for myself. To this day I have honored my promise and never went back. I know not what was made of the town and have been living my life the way I think it should be lived: Helping those in need.
  The Archer, the Black Paw, the khajiit, those who I have helped have given me many names and I have taken them all because I seek no glory nor fame so they will never know my name nor will I be known for the same name in different settlements or to different people for it attracts too many unwanted dangers. I live most of the time as a merchant who travels all Zandor selling and trading goods. For some I am male, to others, female, sometimes I am just a story the mothers tell their kids so they feel safe or encouraged to help others. A hero who will never have a face, some say and that's how I intend it to stay. I have travelled most of Zandor by now, being careful to avoid the area around rocksbay and Krigarus's territory as it would be madness to take him alone. I have heard that the life of the Huntress must be a lonely one, but it's not. I met lots of people on my journey and some interesting creatures.
  Many years ago I was travelling through the woods and I found a wounded Dark Unicorn, it was seriously hurt and I helped it, sorta, you see, I usually come trough some dungeons and ruins in my travels and I always wonder what they could have inside; objects from the past, diaries of people who lived before and through the Calamity, such as that I read before, and I can't help myself but to explore them. A few days before I found the Unicorn, inside one of those dungeons I found a necklace with a little pendant in the shape of a horse. I can't tell you why or how this happened, but the amulet did something to that animal and it was saved, not only that but for some reason it started following me, which wasn't ideal, since I was trying to avoid being known, and a kilrath traveling with a dark unicorn is not something you see everyday when you are having lunch. I tried to get rid of the Beast many times, tried to scare it way, to leave it when it was sleeping,  but it always came back to me. I even tried taking the necklace out once but the Dark Unicorn fell on the ground immediately and stayed there, as if it was dead. I didn't had the heart to leave it like that so I avoided settlements or people for a while during that time. One of those days when I was eating I ended up explaining the Unicorn why I couldn't have it with me and it somehow seemed to have understood me because it started poking me with its snout as if it was trying to tell me something and I followed it to a dungeon nearby, which we had already explored. When we entered the dungeon someone else was there as well. He greeted me and made a comment about the unicorn and explained me he was exploring the place, I told him there was nothing else since I had already been there. He said he would go in just in case I had forgotten something and made a remark that our interests might be different and he could be looking for something I didn't take interest into. We said our farewells and he went to a different direction the unicorn was taking me to. The beast stopped in a room with noting but piles of debris. It stood there pointing it's horn to one of those piles and I spent quite a while removing them so I could see what was underneath, and there it was, a small box with a single band of metal. I took it and the rubble turned into a pile of leaves. I put the ring on my finger and it glowed for a moment, but nothing seemed to have changed. Until I saw the same gentlemen coming out to that room from another entrance with a smile on his face. I said "hello again, it seems something might have caught your attention after all" and for my surprise he seemed quite puzzled and replied "Do I know you? You sound very familiar, but I would have remembered a white lizardfolk with such a beautiful white horse" and it struck me, I looked at the ring and understood what it did. I said to him "No, I thought you were my friend that was looking for a particular object, it's pretty dark in here after all" to which he agreed and asked "You mean the Catfolk I met before, he said he had raided this place already, well I got a bit to explore, see you" and left through another tunnel. After that I thanked the unicorn and decided to give it a name, Anura for it's eyes were as red as blood moon in the sky above us.
   I've got to admit the idea of having my identity concealed was much easier to pull of with the ring since now I can have a different appearance according to the settlement I am at or the person I meet.
   Right now I am at the Obsidian citadel waiting for the new year with my long-time friend Anura. My birthday is almost there and I intend to rest before going out again.
Nirith
Nirith
NPC

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo